A while after I won my Sony NW-E403, I discovered podcasts. I hadn’t really downloaded and listened to very many of them, though. My usual internet downloads would be the weekly show from UnwelcomeGuests.net and Jeremy’s LQRadio podcast. I began to sporadically add to these, occasionally having to convert some of the low bitrate files to play on the Sony. After getting the Creative Muvo V100, that I referred to here, with its 1GB capacity and expanded file playability, I began to search around for other podcasts to listen to regularly.
It turns out that I may listen all week without hearing any music now! So, for those who have been interested in trying out this thing called Linux but need a bit more reinforcement, some of these podcasts might be useful to you. There are more out there, but I’m just getting into the swing of things.
Here’s the list:
- Linux Reality – I like Ches’s subject matter ranging from newb to experienced
- Lottalinuxlinks – Dave’s chat about Linux – usually from his car it seems
- LQ Radio – Jeremy’s sporadic show about all things Linux
- The Linux Action Show – Bryan and Chris are just zany enough to make them my fave
- Going Linux – Advice for those who just want to use their operating system
- The Linux Install Podcast – Ed Labonte and Ben Cheever install linux and describe what they are doing
- Linux News Log – a new one for me – packed with stuff
I hope that someone finds this to be useful. I founhd all of these by googling the term “Linux Podcast” and checking the results. Podcast Alley is a great place to get lost, as is the Lottalinuxlinks page.